Whether you’re considering going to CDL school, a CDL-A student driver or just received your license, we know you have questions about how to secure a great driving job!
We’ve covered some of the most frequently asked questions from student drivers and beyond. If you’d like more information about our hiring requirements, give us a call at 1-877-791-9458 or visit DriveJBHunt.com anytime to see which driving jobs we have available near you!
Does J.B. Hunt hire CDL-A students?
Currently, we do not hire student truck drivers. We require at least 3 months of post-training CDL-A driving experience for jobs in our Truckload, Dedicated and Intermodal divisions. In-school experience does not count towards the 3-month requirement.
How much experience do I need after I get my CDL-A?
We require at least 3 months of post-training CDL-A driving experience for jobs in our Truckload, Dedicated and Intermodal divisions.
While we do not have CDL-A jobs for inexperienced drivers, we have Final Mile driving jobs open in select locations that do not require a CDL or commercial driving experience. Final Mile delivery driving jobs involve making deliveries driving box trucks so a CDL is not required. Interested in learning more about our Final Mile division? Give us a call at 1-877-776-5188.
Does J.B. Hunt offer training?
At this time, we do not offer CDL-A training.
What are the age requirements?
We require drivers to be at least 21 years old.
Why J.B. Hunt?
There are a variety of reasons drivers choose J.B. Hunt. Some of these include:
- Home time. 90% of our drivers are home daily or weekly based on 2018 averages.
- Variety. We offer a wide variety of driving job types, including local, regional, and over the road opportunities across the country.
- Support. J.B. Hunt company drivers enjoy a 24/7 support system so that they are never alone on the road.
- Family. We’re always looking for new ways to bring our J.B. Hunt family together- from special events at account locations to our larger events at corporate such as our Million Mile Celebration.
- Benefits. J.B. Hunt company drivers enjoy extensive benefit options for an individual or family, including medical, dental, prescription, life insurance plans and more.
- 401k plan. J.B. Hunt company drivers can also choose to enroll in a 401k with company-matched funds.
Want to learn more about our hiring requirements and the jobs that are available near you? Call 1-877-791-9458 to speak with a recruiter or fill out our pre-qual form and we’ll contact you!