What is the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse?
The FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) launched its Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse this fall where drivers, employers, and government agencies can go to access records of CDL holders’ drug and alcohol violations.
When does it open?
January 6, 2020.
As a CDL driver, am I required to register for the Clearinghouse?
While CDL drivers are not required to register for the Clearinghouse, you must be registered to provide electronic consent in the Clearinghouse to allow J.B. Hunt to conduct a full query of your record prior to working for or providing services for the company. This includes all pre-employment queries beginning on January 6, 2020.
Why should I register?
You should register for two reasons:
- If you aren’t in the Clearinghouse, then you cannot work or provide services for J.B. Hunt since we will not be able to check your records. Before you drive for J.B. Hunt, we will need to access your records via the Clearinghouse, so it’s important that you register.
- You can view your own driver record electronically at any time and know when information is added to your profile.
What do I need to do to register?
Go to clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov and click on the yellow Register button.
- Click on the blue button entitled Go to login.gov.
- If you already have a login.gov account, enter your email address and password to get started. If you do not have a login.gov account, you will create one here. To create an account, click on Create an account under the blue Sign In button.
- Enter your email address to register.
- Open your email account and click on Confirm email address to confirm your login.gov account.
- Create a password and go through the authentication methods. You must authenticate your information twice.
- After you’ve completed the authentication steps, click the blue Continue button to be taken to the Clearinghouse.
- Click the yellow Register button.
- Click the blue login.gov button to sign into the Clearinghouse through your login.gov account.
- Follow the remaining steps to register with the Clearinghouse. Tip: Under Preferred Contact Method, select Email so that your information is processed faster.
It only takes a few minutes to walk through this registration process. Take time now to register with the Clearinghouse to assist in ensuring your background verification goes smoothly.
Interested in driving with J.B. Hunt? Call 1-877-791-9458 or pre-qualify now!