J.B. Hunt offers an incentive payment to active J.B. Hunt company drivers, as well as lease purchase and independent contractors, to encourage referrals of non-J.B. Hunt drivers to drive for the company (the “Driver Referral Bonus”). The following criteria must be met in order to receive a Driver Referral Bonus:
- All referrals must be received and documented by J.B. Hunt’s Driver Personnel department prior to the referred driver's hire or contract start date.
- The referring J.B. Hunt driver's hire date or contract start date must be at least 7 days prior to the referred driver's hire or contract start date.
- The referred driver must be hired into a company position, or contract as a lease purchase driver or owner operator, and take dispatch from J.B. Hunt on a load within 90 days of the date the referral was received by the Driver Personnel department.
- The referring driver must be actively employed or contracted with J.B. Hunt at the time the referred driver is hired or starts their contract and takes dispatch from J.B. Hunt on a load.
- Referrals of drivers who have previously driven for J.B. Hunt may be eligible for the Driver Referral Bonus as long as the referred driver has not driven for J.B. Hunt at any time during the 60 days preceding the date of rehire or re-contracting.
- Referring drivers may be eligible to be paid a Driver Referral Bonus for drivers they have previously referred (and received a Driver Referral Bonus) as long as the referred driver has not actively driven for J.B. Hunt at any time during the 12 months preceding the referred driver's latest hire or contract date.
Driver Referral Bonuses are paid within two weeks of the date the referred driver first takes dispatch from J.B. Hunt on a load.
*This policy can change at any time, so make sure to look for the monthly OBC message for current Driver Referral Bonus amounts and premium location bonuses.
*The Driver Personnel and Corporate Safety departments will perform regular confirmation calls and audits on all claimed Driver Referral Bonuses and take appropriate action as the circumstances warrant, which may include discipline up to and including termination for company drivers, or contract termination. Additionally, if a Driver Referral Bonus is obtained through fraudulent means, J.B. Hunt will prosecute the recipient of the Bonus to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Policy last updated: January 31, 2017